Monday, July 21, 2008

Hey, Prayer Works!

Hello there our dear readers! We, the staff, just got back to Harmons after picking up another team from Independence, MO and we’re really excited for this new week. Last weeks team was from Carmel Baptist Church in North Carolina, and the time they were down here was amazing, even though we got rained on for most of the week. Their spirits were high and their work ethic even higher. I know as work-site coordinator they sure made my job (and I’m sure everybody else’s job) much easier with their attitudes. I know I speak for the rest of the staff when I say “thank you” to everybody who came down.

Well, being a soccer nut, I can’t help but telling you that the Harmons U-15 soccer team won their season opener 2-1 last Tuesday. I was only able to stay for the first half, but I heard about it later that evening when the kids on the team came to the Harmony House to tell me how it went. Like before the dress parade, I was asked to give a talk to the kids before the game (Justin also talked) and after that we prayed with the team. So when the kids came to the Harmony House that evening to tell me how it was, they began it with “Your prayer worked!” and then went on with the details of the game. After they were done, I told them, “Hey, prayer works.” So, that being said, I would like thank all who prayed for the soccer team and I would ask you to continue to pray for them (their next game is Thursday, July 24) not only for their safety and possible victory, but also for their hearts to be opened more to this “prayer thing.” Hopefully it will become more to them than just a thing to do in church or before games, but something that they will do all the time to a Person who always listens and always gives, and that of course, is Jesus Christ!

Well, that’s a short recap on what’s going on here these days. Again, I would like to thank all of our readers for their support and please keep reading…much more good stuff to come!
Well, see ya later!
Timothy : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey tim
its tim
lol
prayer really does work
i prayed to god that heath and josh would forgive me for all the things i had done and said to them through out the week
and the last nite we were there (you guys werent thats why im posting this) our group had a fire out on the soccer field and we opened up to each other and josh just happened to ask advice about forgiving his father and i told him my story about forgiving my father and i added that i just pray to god that he would forgive me and i guess it was just god at work and josh said that he did and we hugged and i cried as he said that we were cool again..
so you are totally right when you say "Hey, Prayer Works!"
and again
Thank you soo much for an awesome week and for our talk as i took soo much from that talk even though it wasnt that long
lata