Thursday, June 12, 2008

Summer Staff Profile #2


Well I just wrote my first blog post this morning, so I figured a profile was in order. I look forward to sharing more about my experiences in Harmons as the summer goes on.

Name - Justin Harlan

Age - Just turned 22 while in Jamaica and never got floured.

Hometown - Overland Park, KS

High School - Blue Valley Northwest High School

College - The University of Tulsa

Major - Music, Arts Management, and Business Management

Hobbies - Singing, playing guitar, hanging out with my family and friends, sports

Interests - KC Chiefs (not so hot), KC Royals (not so hot), JAYHAWKS! (so hot right now)

Favorite Color - I have so many blue clothes my mom refuses to buy them for me anymore

Favorite Sports Team - Please refer to interests. And I enjoy the San Antonio Spurs.

Favorite Book - The Innocent Man by John Grisham, Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell

Favorite TV Show - American Idol, Prison Break, Full House, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, okay basically anything on late night on Nick at Nite

Favorite Food - Pizza and my mom's fajitas

Favorite Jamaican Food - Bag juice

Favorite Music - Oh wow... where to start... Dave, Jack Johnson, Citizen Cope, Jason Mraz, John Mayer, Dashboard, David Crowder, Switchfoot, Bayside... the list goes on.. and on...

Biggest Dream - To have a huge crowd of people singing music that I write with me while performing in on stage in Central Park. Dreaming big, right?

My job in Jamaica - Worship leader, morning devotional leader, and I make the videos on this blog

Biggest thing I have learned lately - What we see as a little in the US can go a long way elsewhere, so I have just been thinking about what I can eliminate out of my life financially and what I can do to help others who need it much more than I do.

1 comment:

ypjim said...

J,
so proud of you bro. It's killing me not to be there with you this summer. But know I am praying for you weekly. Let us know if you need something to come down.