Friday, August 1, 2008

Our Joy comes from the Lord...

Two days in a row!!!


Hey everyone! Tonight was so cool. McKenzie and I planned the second talent show of the summer, and it went off with a bang. With the courtyard packed inside and out, and the lights dimmed low, the murmur of the crowd simmered, creating an awesome stage for the performers. Spot lights on; let’s get the show on the road! The Harmony House was the place to be tonight, where there were many different kinds of talents being showed off. Singers and dancers of all ages sang and danced, and let me tell you, the Jamaicans know how to dance; they even put me to shame. We had a few Americans playing guitar, singing songs, and rockin’ out on the djembe, but that was only the beginning. I don’t know how flexible you are, but try and kiss your elbow or put your legs behind your head and do push ups at the same time. Crazy human tricks to the max! I can’t even do that!


The summer staff performed a danced choreographed by Tim to the song “Grace Kelly,” by the band Mika. It was off the chain. All eight of us were on stage doing a sweet dance and making people laugh at the same time. It brought so much joy to me. Acting foolish and silly can be great for making people happy (as long as you stay in the boundaries, am I right momJ?) What can I say; it was an experience we will never forget. Luckily we got it on video, so you can keep your eyes out for a link on the You Tube website.


Thank you.


Love,


Seth

1 comment:

Candy said...

You are so right Seth. Wish I would have been there to see it. I miss ya'll so much - Love, Candy